- Cut two large sweet potatoes into 2" chunks and boil until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and mash with butter, salt, and a little milk to make mashed potatoes. Set aside.
- Brown 1.3 lbs of ground turkey. Drain and remove and wipe out pan with paper towel.
- Cut up 1 medium yellow onion and begin sauteing. After three minutes, add two garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Add sliced mushrooms and eason veggie mixture with salt, pepper, and sage.
- After another minute add shredded carrots and frozen mixed veggies (corn, peas, lima beans).
- Add the turkey back in and combine.
- Add 1/2 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Spoon mixture into a 9x11" baking dish.
- Top evenly with mashed potatoes.
- Spread some shredded cheddar cheese on the top (optional).
- Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for a couple minutes.
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Shepherd's pie with ground turkey and mashed sweet potatoes