The perfect hard-boiled egg. For me, having a cooked egg in the fridge is the start of a good day. It's a healthy and quick way to get some protein punch, and with only 70 calories, it really is a dieter's friend. If overcooked the egg can get a greenish yolk with a dry powdery texture - and that, my friends, is not good eats. Follow my lead and your yolks will be just cooked - golden and creamy, and well, perfect!
- Place eggs in a pot.
- Cover with cold water.
- Put on stove and bring to a rolling boil.
- Immediately cover and take the pot off the burner.
- Set timer for EXACTLY 12 minutes.
- Rinse a few times with cold water to halt the cooking process.
- EAT! Or store in the fridge for up to a week.
I like to crumble my egg up and put it on a slice of whole wheat bread with mayo, baby romaine and S&P. Delish!